Protecting Ourselves and Our Customers During Coronavirus
During these unprecedented times, as essential workers, we’re doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of our employees, our facilities, and our products while continuing to serve our customers.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, in addition to following the health and safety guidelines of all regulatory agencies, we have strictly adhered to all CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and OSHA guidelines to protect our employees. To further ensure their safety, we proactively engaged an independent occupational safety expert to confirm that our protocols were, and remain, of the highest standards.
We have also taken, among others, the following proactive steps:
· Instituted enhanced cleaning measures, including but not limited to cleaning common surfaces multiple times per day
· Added numerous hand sanitizer stations for employees throughout the company, in addition to those in restrooms and existing hand washing stations
· Placed bottles of hand sanitizer in the cafeteria and in office spaces
· Provided and continue to provide employees with protective masks and clear plastic face shields
· Prominently placed CDC posters regarding COVID-19 mitigation in its facility
· Placed television screens displaying COVID-19-related safety information in common areas of the facility
· Instructed and continue to reiterate that employees with potential symptoms of COVID-19 should not to report to work
· Taking the temperature of every individual entering a Maid-Rite plant, and denying entry to any individual exhibiting a fever, or demonstrating COVID-19 symptoms, in accordance with guidance from the CDC and the PA Department of Health.
· Staggering lunches and breaks to ensure safe social distancing
· Installed transparent barriers to separate seating in the cafeterias in order to improve social distancing
· Limiting transfers of employees between plants
· Restricting non-essential vendors and visitors from entering a plant
· Conducted contract tracing, and informed potentially exposed employees if a Maid-Rite worker tested positive for COVID-19
· Engaged an outside safety consultant to improve its COVID-19-related safety measures, and will continue to comply with all public health guidance relating to COVID-19
· To reduce physical contact with the time clock, we have eliminated the requirement for employees to physically punch in and out
· Created a new outside break area for employees to have an additional area to social distance during breaks
· Participate in daily/weekly strategic planning calls with the CISA, NAMI, CDC.
· Hired an industrial cleaning firm to apply Rely + Multipurpose Disinfectant Cleaner that kills norovirus. During this timeframe, 60,000 sq. ft. of our facility was cleaned and sanitized
Maid-Rite has never knowingly allowed anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or with a confirmed case of COVID-19 to enter / remain in a Maid-Rite facility. Employees who have had confirmed cases of COVID-19 are instructed to quarantine, and employees who show symptoms of COVID-19 are instructed not to report to work. If an employee develops COVID-19 symptoms in the workplace, they are immediately sent home as soon as Maid-Rite becomes aware of the issue.
We are continuously monitoring guidance for employers related to COVID-19 and have been proactive in terms of adopting COVID-19 mitigation measures. We thank you for your continued support as we navigate through these very unusual times.